Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One More Reason Not to Get a Dog!!

Most people who know me know that I'm not a dog lover. Sure, I will pet a dog that runs up to me and, sure, I think puppies are adorable. But, the last thing I want in my house is a dog. Now, this tends to be a hot topic in our family because Rich and Quinn really want a dog. But the girls are deathly afraid of anything with fur, alive or stuffed, and lucky I can usually curtail the conversation my adding another baby to our clan.

I can give you a running list as to the logic behind my no dog policy:
  • They smell
  • They lick their privates
  • They eat their own poop
  • They complicate trips, vacations, days away from home
  • It's not fair to put them in a cage for 8+ hours a day
  • They are expensive to care for
  • Dog hair is nasty
  • They poop and pee on the carpet
  • They destroy your belongs (i.e. carpets, shoes, clothing, furniture)
  • You have to walk them even in the rain and snow and pick up with poop with a plastic bag
  • Dog food smells like vomit
  • They can't say "I love you" back

And as of this morning, more supporting evidence for my dislike of dogs...Dog Takes Newborn Baby from Crib. After reading this, that's it for me...the dog discussion is over...animals do not belong in a house with children...period.

2 comments:

  1. I have a dog, as you know, and I tell people all of the time...don't do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Add to the list, after they lick their privates....they lick your face (disgusting!), they drool and they sniff peoples crotches....UGH!

    ReplyDelete